Administration: To be considered for an administrative position (Principal or Assistant Principal) one must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in the U.S. or a Licenciatura in El Salvador and have completed or be enrolled in a U.S. Master’s Degree program in the areas of administration or counseling.
Teaching: To be considered for the position of classroom teacher one must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the U.S. (or an equivalent degree in another country), a Licenciatura in El Salvador (or an equivalent degree in another country), and have completed a teacher education program. Only citizens of El Salvador may apply for teaching positions for subjects taught in the Spanish language. If you are interested in a teaching or administrative position, please fill out one of the application forms below.
TEACH IN EL SALVADOR
The International School of San Salvador, El Salvador, an American-International type school seeks applicants for the following positions to begin August 1, 2016:
Applicants must have completed a B.A. or B.S. degree program, or equivalent, in an appropriate subject area and have completed a teacher education program. Knowledge of Spanish is helpful, but not necessary.
Benefits for Import Teachers
- Salary commensurate with local standard of living.
- Twelve monthly payments in U.S. dollars of $1000.00 each. An addition amount of about $150.00 monthly is deposited into a retirement fund after the second month of employment. The total amount plus interest will be returned to the teachers after the final contract is concluded if they are foreigners and leave the country permanently.
- No deductions for local taxes, Social Security, etc.
- Teachers must be in El Salvador by August 5 and are free to leave after June 20, 2014
- Shared, furnished apartment or house with cable TV – teachers pay only utilities.
- Group medical-life insurance included.
- One paid round-trip airfare from your home to El Salvador each contract year.
- An opportunity to experience life in a Latin American country through a multicultural environment.
- The friendly atmosphere of a small, 330-student school attended by children from over 30 countries.
- Teachers hired in El Salvador are paid according to a salary schedule which takes into consideration training, degrees, language proficiency, certification, etc. Housing and transportation are not included.
BENEFITS FOR LOCAL HIRE TEACHERS
APPLY ONLINE OR VIA FAX